Orta San Giulio Accommodation - Lake Orta Holiday Villa Rentals, Apartments to Rent, Holiday Homes
Orta San Giulio sits on the east bank of Lake Orta and is the main town with a wide selection of shops, bars and restaurants and just 90 miuntes from Milan. A very pretty lakeside village that looks on to the historical island of San Giulio with it's elegant houses such as Villa Tallone that hosts the Festival of Ancient Music in June each year.
- Hores riding
- Beach club with watersports
- Hiking in the Valle Strona starting at Omegna
- Skiing on The Mottarone during winter (accessed from Stresa)
|Nearest airport||Milan Malpensa (46km)|
|Nearest train station||Orta Miasino (3km)|
Featured holiday rentals in Orta san Giulio
Accommodation in Orta San Giulio
Renting a villa or apartment in Orta San Giulio provides some breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding mountains. The local amenities are all within walking distance although you will need a car to get around and see the other parts of the lake. Holiday rentals offer excellent value for money and are ideal for families and groups.
Things to see and do
- Visit the 20 Franciscan chapels of Sacro Monte of Orta - full of art, sculptures and frescoes
- In winter, try skiing on The Mottarone at 1385m - this is the mountain that divides Lake Orta from Lake Maggiore. The best way to get to the lifts is via the funicular from Stresa
Our view on Orta san Giulio
If you want to unwind and get away from it all thenOrta san Giulio is a good place to base yourself. With a good selection of restaurants, cafes and bars, Orta san Giulio has everything you need to make a perfect lakes & mountains holiday.