Lugano guide Holiday rentals - villas & holiday homes in Lugano
Lugano is a chic and sophisticated resort sitting on the shore of Lake Lugano in the Italian speaking Swiss canton of Ticino. Overlooked by the peaks of San Sallvatore and Monte Bre, the traffic-free old town of Lugano with its pavement cafes, bars and restaurants is bustling with tourists throughout the year.
During the summer months, you can enjoy the open air concerts in the gardens by the lake whilst sunbathing on the beach or try some of the watersports. During the winter, you can combine your Lugano lake holiday with some skiing - there are many top class ski resorts close by such as St Moritz and Madesimo.
|Nearest airport||Milan Malpensa (88km)|
|Nearest train station||Lugano|
Featured Lugano holiday rentals
Renting a villa or apartment in Lugano provides some breathtaking views of the lake and the peaks of San Sallvatore and Monte Bre. Our holiday rentals are conveniently located to all the local amenities and have easy access to the town centre and ferry.See all rentals
Things to see and do
- Take the funicular up to the top of Monte Bre for some spectacular views of the lake and surrunding mountains of Ticino
- Visit the stunning lakeside town of Locarno at the top of Lake Maggiore
- Explore the 318-hectare nature reserve in Valsolda, the largest in Lombardy
- Visit the Swiss minature park in Lugano - great fun for the whole family
- Milan - a full day for shopping and seeing the Duomo
Our view on Lugano
Lugano is a good place to use as a base for exploring the other lakeside villages around the lake and the mountains of Ticino. In a nutshell, Lugano is fun, excellent value, with great cafes, bars and restaurants and offers plenty to see and do for your lakes & mountains holiday.